The Unnoticeables Is On Sale Now!

No more pre-orders, no more unrequited lust, no more staking out the publishers and ambushing anybody that leaves the office holding something green: The book is finally out. You may purchase it wherever fine books are sold. IF YOU DARE!

P-please dare.

I would super-appreciate if you could find it in your heart to dare.

13 thoughts on “The Unnoticeables Is On Sale Now!

1. SweetFeet

It’s fantastic so far! I found that, lacking a collection of 70s punk on my phone, Mutoid Man’s album Bleeder and Atlas Moth’s The Old Believer work as excellent companion music while reading. Incidentally, some of my favourite Cracked articles of yours were the Mario Lopez ones… Imagine my surprise when I first met Marco Luis…

2. violafury

Serious kudos, although I’m 60 pages in. When I first read the premise; going from Carey in 1977 to Kaitlyn in 2015, I thought “Oh, this is going to be jarring”. Well, I could not have been more off the mark. The pacing is perfect, and as one scene ends, the ending is perfectly logical and the beginning of the next is completely in keeping with the framework Robert is laying down for the story. I love the rather breezy way he throws small details into the novel that paint pictures of hilarity. The only other authors who ever did that for me were Dickens and Dostoevsky; go figure. Anyway, this is my PAGE 60 check point. Stellar! I have no reason to believe that the quality will disappoint. I should also mention, I’m beginning to get inklings of creeped-outed-ness, if that is a term. Since I’m pretty handy with the English Language, I deem it so. 😀

3. J. Lucas

I just finished, and I gotta say, this was goddamned awesome. I have to really rack my brain to think of anything I disliked, and in the end, I can’t find anything I disliked, anyways. I loved all the small details you put in, like the part where I sorta pseudo-realized that Car Salesman (the hollow) was probably the politician mentioned several chapters previous. And also, Sammy Six. That guy was badass. If we don’t get to hear about him some more in the sequels (Which are coming, right? RIGHT?) then I’m going to have to set something on fire, or ram a train up someone’s ass.

That might have been spoilers.

Thanks! Sammy doesn’t have any more of his own chapters, but nothing is thrown away. It’s all tied together, and you’ll hear more about what happened to him eventually.

4. violafury

I’m still reading and going back and re-reading passages that I particularly enjoy. I love that Kaitlyn recognizes Daisy for what she is, when Carey had Daisy for decades and had no clue, and there is nothing that is superfluous in the book. the writing isn’t sparse, but quite the opposite, I do fine myself going back over details. Mario, quite frankly scares the living bejesus out of me! Great, great writing! I normally read at a pace 20 times this fast, but I really wanted to do justice to this highly anticipated book!

Thanks, glad you dug it! But remember: It’s Marco. If anybody that looks like a lawyer ever asks, you have no idea who this Mario guy is and see no resemblance.

1. violafury

Marco threw me for a bit; and I, admittedly am not only easily confused, but sow it wherever I go. It’s not easy living in this tilt-a-whirl head of mine; I actually have consigned all of my memories to the guy in my high school who graduated Valedictorian and how he keeps up with all of my bullshit I shall never know, but he does a stellar job. I will most certainly shoot this over to him stat, Brockster! Thanks! Cheers again, and such wishes and good congratulations to you! Oh no! Doge 2048! Quickscope!

5. Jason

Awesome book. About 200 pages in and have to ask: were all of your cracked articles like a primer for this book? I mean Chad, Geoffrey, and ‘Marco’ plus bikes and punk rock? I feel like almost every page is an easter egg for people who follow your articles. Not to mention is a fucking awesome read. You truly make me jealous I’m not a good writer. Can’t wait to read more of your books. PUNCH SOME MORE WORDS!!!!

Yep, I was doing a kind of world building thing with the columns. Not intentionally at first, but as I kept up with the Mario Lopez stuff I started slipping little bits of that world into other pieces. Chaz and Geoff though, that was just pure fan service. What kind of author doesn’t service their fans now and again? That came out wrong…

6. violafury

God, I didn’t want to double post, but I have to tell you, Brockway; I almost married a lawyer. We broke up because he was tone-deaf and I have perfect pitch. No lie. Despicable me.