I’m Apparently Going to Unnotice Your Ass

TOR GETS ‘UNNOTICED’ BY ROBERT BROCKWAY

In a second deal coming out of Tor this week, Paul Stevens bought Robert Brockway’s The Unnoticeables, at auction, in a three-book, six-figure deal. Brockway, who is a senior editor and columnist for Cracked.com, was represented by Sam Morgan at Jabberwocky Literary. The other two books acquired will be sequels to The Unnoticeables, and are currently untitled. Tor said the books are “hilarious urban fantasy novels” set in a world that pulls from New York’s punk scene in the 1970s as well as the modern-day Los Angeles entertainment industry. The Unnoticeables is tentatively scheduled for July 2015.

That’s right – THREE god damn books coming your way. I am going to literally crush you with an avalanche of my books*.

*Provided you are very small, and do not struggle too much.

13 thoughts on “I’m Apparently Going to Unnotice Your Ass

1. Caryn

Cool! I no longer have to wake up every single morning in a fog of confusion and disbelief that I live in a world where Robert Brockway is not a best-selling author. Finally, the universe has righted itself once again.

2. Kyle

This is certainly a sign that the world is going to end….horribly.

Can’t wait to bathe my eyes in the warmth of your writing.

No, for you see: The world is just beginning. Its birth throes shall be terrible to behold. And when it finally opens its eyes, it will look upon you, and know the truth of you, and you will wither beneath its gaze.

Or you’ll just read about some dudes drunkenly ramping motorcycles into sludge monsters! Six of one, half dozen of the other.

3. Liam

You cruel, vile man! You’re gonna make me read?! I say ‘make’ because I literally just finished reading RX (actually literally, I just sat the book down, and started looking for your other work; I’m not a freak that uses ‘literally’ for exaggeration), and I feel some kind of sick, creeping darkness waking from a long slumber, and I think it can only be sated with more of your books. So now I’ll be compelled to read like some functional human being, instead of just sitting like a vegetable in front of my computer. That’s harsh bro, really harsh.

4. Kevin

Between you, John, Dan, Jacopo and Wong I am going to have to add another goddamn shelf to my bookcase within a year. Can’t wait to read it and congratulations!

5. Matt Holland

I read RX last year while I was stuck in Chicago O’Hare airport for 24 solid hours. If it wasn’t for your book to entertain me I would’ve insane and started eating people much earlier than I actually did. So it’s great to hear that you’ve got another book coming out, although July 2015? Let’s hope I don’t get stuck in any airports between now and then.

Is there going to be an international release as well? Because I’d like to buy it from a book shop over here (in smelly old England) if I can.

Well, to be fair you do have Dan O’Brien’s How to Fight Presidents, Gladstone’s Notes from the Internet Apocalypse, and Jacopo’s upcoming The Great Abraham Lincoln Pocket Watch Conspiracy to get through between now and then. Shit, you may be so busy reading other Cracked-folk books you won’t even have time to get to mine by next year.

Oh, and so far no interest for any foreign rights. So probably no bookstore copies over there. Feedback has been along the lines of “this book is too American to work over here.” Excuse me while I wipe the tears of patriotism from my face with a bald eagle. One way or another, I’ll make sure at least eBook copies are available in every region I can.

6. Dustin D

I am so hard right now the police should probably arrest me for indecent exposure and I am inside my house. I am going to buy the fuck out of those books. Hard.